Year 13s, the coursework advisor has given the go ahead for your projects. There is also a checklist to help you keep the projects on target. Ask yourself these questions whenever you feel you’re getting off track.
- Does it allow you to explore the 5 key Concepts?
- Does it negotiate an issue and/or debate?
- Is it contemporary?
- Is there a list of text(s)?
- Does it go beyond MEST 3 topic areas?
- Is it synoptic? (i.e. does it cover the entirety of the course)
- Does it answer the question ‘why’ rather than ‘how’? (i.e. not descriptive)
- Does it encourage independent research and critical autonomy?
- Is it truly individual?
- Does it avoid the cliché – (women in the media etc)
- Would it end up just being a list of facts?
Here is the checklist for the production:
- What are the links between the essay and the practical?
- Will the practical exemplify issues raised in the essay?
- Does it go beyond the MEST 2 artefacts?
- Is it independent of the MEST 2 artefact?
- Is it substantial enough for an A2 exercise?
- Does it seem to be more than just an ‘add-on’?