1. Journalist Christopher Hitchens caused controversy when he wrote a column featuring the opinion that the US troops’ habit of “waterboarding” suspects in Iraq and elsewhere fell short of being actual torture. So he was challenged to try it for himself. His conclusion?
2. Among other things, top-rated Top Gear is criticised for showing a drink-driving incident on the way to the North Pole.
3. That Heinz kiss is okay after all, according to the ASA. Sanity prevails.
4. ITV shares hit new (even lower) low.
5. I’ve yet to speak to anyone who says they watched it (I did some of it), but apparently 10 million people watched Andy Murray come back from the dead on Monday night.
It’s all from the Guardian today, because I’m short of time.